January 30, 2009

At The Berrics

Attn: This blog has nothing to do with photography.

While getting my daily dose at The Berrics tonight, I remembered last nights dream.

If you don't know what the Berrics is, you probably don't skateboard. The other option is, you do skateboard but you have come to that point in your life where you don't keep up with anything skateboarding related and you would rather be playing frisbee golf or watching the news. Which ever it is, you still will not find my dream at all that interesting, because who the hell cares about what other people are dreaming about?

Without further bore, I dreamt I received a text from the Berrics giving me a shot at "First Try Fridays". "First Try Fridays" is where the camera man begins to roll the tape, an invititation and a suggested trick is given to a particular skater, whom is usually on their way to the Berrics skatepark anyhow, and that skater is suppose to make the suggested trick in one attempt upon arrival.

Besides the fact that it was Friday morning, the only thing ironic about the whole dream was that I live in Tennessee and The Berrics is located in Glendale, CA. I drove all the way there and arrived as they were turning off all the lights...I think people were beginning to play basketball on something like that? Then I remember walking outside the Berrics and somehow someone had stolen my skateboard. If I remember correctly, that someone was a white trash redneck, chilling at their RV and a drinking beer...probably watching Nascar? How dare they.

Here is an example of what I was talking about: